Friday 12 June 2015

New recipe #13: Pudding and Doggy Bag Club debut

A few weeks ago I started a new job, and on Fridays I finish at lunchtime. So I thought I should spend my afternoons doing something productive, although the first couple of weeks I spent the afternoon catching up on The Good Wife.

Then one of my friends said I should do things for the 29 challenge in that time, and that’s when I thought of the pudding club.

The first pudding I created was Lemon Meringue Pie, which is my dad’s favourite. I used a recipe from my signed Mary Berry recipe book and unlike my Key Lime Pie landslide, it actually set!


My mum and dad were the first pudding club participants and the pie tasted great, a little rich as Mary Berry likes sugar. But my dad went up for seconds, so I must have done something right.


As a side club and to ‘waste not want not’ (as one of the old people I used to serve breakfasts to use to say), I started the Doggy Bag club. My flatmate, Lord Studman aka my Grandad and a few others got drop offs of the pie, so plenty of people enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment