Sunday 14 June 2015

Reconnecting #20: Saturday Shakespeare

My dad Bobby loves Shakespeare, but at school I could never get into or really understand it. I studied Romeo and Juliet in English GCSE, Hamlet in English A Level and Macbeth in Drama A Level.

Since Bobby has retired he’s been seeing a lot of Shakespeare at the Globe and I decided to go with him to see one of the plays. So yesterday we went to see As You Like It, and I really enjoyed it. I understood most of it, and I think that was due to the delivery of the lines and the physicality the actors used. It was very funny in parts and there was even a little tap dance section.


We were groundlings which meant we were standing for all it, and it was only £5 to go and see which was the most surprising thing. The play lasted over two hours so it was real value for money. I wouldn't mind going to see some more.


At the end of the play it was revealed by the education director of the Globe that it was Sam Wanamaker day. He was the one that got the Globe built and they did a little speech about this which was pretty interesting.



The only disappointing thing was that it didn’t rain. I was all set with my bright blue hippo poncho, but I’ll have to save it for another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment