Saturday 13 June 2015

Reconnecting #19: Not allowed to pay

During my uni holidays I had two summer jobs, one was working at an old people’s home and the other was working as an assistant to the conference manager at a conference company. The assistant job meant every summer for 4 years (as I worked there the summer I graduated) I helped the conference manager Liisa Daniels organise and attend risk assessment conferences in 4 and 5 star hotels. Liisa taught me everything on the job and gave me life lessons along the way.


Since leaving the job we’ve managed to stay in contact but although we’re 15 minutes apart in distance we seem to only see each other every couple of years. And a couple of weeks ago we caught up again. Time flies whenever we catch up and before we knew it she had to go and pick up her daughter. Because we were chatting so much I didn’t get a chance to get a picture of us two. So I’ve put a picture of my purse and handbag. Why the random picture? Ever since I've worked for her, she’s never let me pay for any food or drink. I offer, but every time she tells me to put my purse away.


We’re hopefully going to meet up again later this year for a spa day, so this bit of reconnecting has kick started our friendship again on a more regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment