Monday 26 January 2015

New Album #6: The lady’s gold

My sister Lisa is obsessed with country music, and as a result over the years she’s got me into different bands and singers. We even went to Nashville a few years ago.

One of the bands that I got into thanks to Lisa was Lady Antebellum, and I've got their first 3 albums. The Need You Now album is one of my favourite albums. And a couple of years ago Lisa and I saw them in concert. My only regret of that concert was not making a banner saying it was my sister’s birthday. We were a few people deep from the stage and Charles came over to our area and was reading the banners that fans had.


Their 4th album Gold is what I listened to recently on the way to work, and to be honest I don’t think it’s one of their best. With Need You Now and We Own the Night, there’s a bit of variety in sound, but with this album it was a middle of the road without any stand out tracks.


Maybe the album is a grower. I’m hoping their latest album 747 will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment