Monday 12 January 2015

New Film #14: Is it a bird, is it a plane?

On Wednesday a group of us went to the cinema to see Birdman. Birdman is a film starring Michael Keaton, Edward Norton and Emma Stone. It’s about Riggan who is an actor who played a superhero over twenty years ago. He is now putting on a broadway play and the film is about that and what goes through his mind.

The film has been getting lots of award nominations and the acting is great. What’s the selling point of the film the concept of how the director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu tried to film it as if it was one long shot. So the camera was always following the action. It reminded me of the different acting and staging techniques I studied in A Level Drama. And also in West Wing when they are doing the walking and talking and there would be these great duologue's played out.

If you go and see the film, tell me how it ends, I’m still not sure what happened!



And why the picture of me and my dad and sister? Well I couldn't find a picture of a birdman, and us wearing ponchos we’re vaguely look like we've got wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment