Thursday 29 January 2015

Reconnecting #6 and New Food #14: Je voudrais une galette

Last weekend I went to The France Show at Olympia with a guy I've been seeing for few months. He works in France quite often, but doesn't see any of the country, just the hotel and airport or train station. So I thought the France Show would in a way show him more of the country.

Growing up I always was a bit funny visiting countries that didn't speak English. On family holidays I was quite moody and anxious in those countries as a result. It was only towards the end of the holiday I relaxed and had fun. I've no idea why I felt this way, but as I'm getting older, I'm a lot better in foreign countries. So The France Show was my way of reconnecting with a country I wasn't great with growing up.

The best part of the show had to be the food and there were a lot of different stands. Apart from eating a large macaroon and a cookie that was the size of my head, I also had a Galette. A galette is a French savoury pancake and I had mine with spinach and cheese which was pretty filling. It was also great training for my stomach for Pancake Day which is fast approaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment