Monday 5 January 2015

New Films #8-#13: Catching up on my Tivo

Following on from Mr Magorium’s Wonder Emporium which I watched over Christmas time, I've been watching a few more films that I recorded. All have no connection to each other and are completely random.

I started with The Descendants which has George Clooney in it and is about his wife being in a coma and discovering that his wife had been having an affair. I like George Clooney, his voice is amazing and when I can’t get to sleep, his Desert Island Discs sends me to sleep straight away, not because he is boring, because of his smooth voice. But when it comes to his films, apart from Oceans 11 and Gravity, I just don’t seem to think they are very good. And I'm afraid The Descendants was another that wasn't very good.


This is me midway through watching a double bill of the films I watched, it’s tiring work.

Some films are over hyped and Magic Mike falls into that category. It was okay and Matthew McConaughey’s way of saying; alright, alright, alright did come from the film, so I am grateful for that.

While films can be over hyped, others can take you completely by surprise and Indecent Proposal did. I didn't know what to expect, but I actually thought it was an interesting plot trying to answer the question of can money buy happiness and was well acted.


Over the Christmas holidays I went to the cinema twice, the first was to see Life of Pi. The film was beautifully shot, but I was distracted by Rafe Spall’s American accent in it. Stay British Rafe, stay British! And I also saw The Theory of Everything, which definitely lived up to the hype. How Eddie Redmayne did the physicality of Stephen Hawking is beyond me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment