Wednesday 14 January 2015

New comedians #1 and #2: Second place was first

Last Friday I went to the Last Minute Comedy Club in Hitchin. It’s on the first Friday of every month, so I thought what better way to start the comedian part of the challenge then going somewhere local.

2 comedians were doing routines, the first Mark Maier, and his routine was about his family life, and how he often calls pilates pilots. The main comedian was Simon Munnery, and although he was funny, making jokes about how in the city you don’t say hello to anyone, but in the country you do, Mark was funnier.

The main reason for this was because as soon as Mark came on stage, he made observational jokes of what was around him. There was a black material backdrop behind him and it had faint overlapping lettering on it, which nobody could read. So Mark thought it was a secret Hitchin only language.

It was a great night, lots of laughs and for the blog I always have a picture to illustrate what I've done. If I took pictures of the comedians, I would be heckled at, so instead I'm using pictures of me and a friend or family member laughing. I love this one of me and my sister in Sydney. We got our dad to take a picture of us chest bouncing, and this is the end result!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment