Sunday 18 January 2015

New Recipe #7 and New Activity #17: Ladies who brunch

My favourite thing to do is cook for friends. Whenever my uni friends came to stay, my favourite part was dancing in the kitchen to Stevie Wonder while making breakfast for them all.

During the Christmas break on lazy Sunday afternoons I would binge watch Jamie Oliver money saving meals programmes and note which recipes I wanted to try. One of the recipes was a great one for a brunch.  And then I had an idea that I could hold a brunch for my Saturday pole friends before class. I’d never made brunch before, and yesterday I held a brunch for Lucy, Teri and Harriette who go to pole class.

The timing worked out quite well as our class starts at 2pm, so having brunch at 11.30 was ideal. Brunch was in two parts, the first was a Giant veg Rösti from the Jamie Oliver money saving recipe book. It’s a really healthy dish, it has grated potatoes and carrots, peas, spinach and poached egg. The first course was a success as my friends had seconds and there was barely anything left on the tray after!


The second part of the course was a pudding board. I’d made this once before and last time it had 3 components which I think was too many, so I stuck with two this time and it worked. I loved the reaction of my friends, they saw me making the warm chocolate fromage frais, and then I started getting the lemon and orange mousse out of the fridge I made earlier in the morning and they were all very surprised. I finished off the board with some berries for decoration.


We’re quite a chatty bunch, but with both courses there was silence as the food absorbed us all! I loved making brunch and I can’t wait to host another brunch.


Because we were so busy eating and chatting (when the food was finished) I didn’t get a chance to get pictures of Teri, Lucy and Harriette enjoying the brunch. But I’m sure they’ll be round again for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment