Friday 10 July 2015

New Experience #23: Festival fun

Last weekend I went to the Sevens and the City festival at Saracens rugby ground. I heard about the festival on Wowcher and at £15 for a weekend pass I thought why not. The festival was music and rugby 7s matches being played all weekend. I went with my flatmate Charlotte, her friend Hayley and my friends Rachel and Ro. I bought Ro her ticket as a belated birthday present as she likes rugby....well rugby players.


Even before the festival had taken place I was really impressed with the organising, if we had any questions the organisers would reply to our emails right away. The campsite was right next to the ground and there were food stalls all around. It was a relaxed during the day; lots of rugby to watch and you could even stand right next to the pitch, well behind barriers. There was also a netball tournament and a cross fitness competition, and BMX displays as well.

On the Saturday night there was an American themed party as it was Independence Day. Luckily I bought a basketball top, courtesy of Dave on the market for £3, so I fit in. Some people really went to town on their costumes; a stag do went as ten pin bowling- the stag being the bowling ball, there were a group of Hulk Hogan’s and a group of Statue of Liberty's as well.

Ro and I ended up talking to a guy who went as Starsky out of Starsky and Hutch and thought his hair was a wig….it turns out it wasn’t. Back at the campsite it felt like the end of a uni night out as lots of groups of guys tried to sing Don’t Look Back in Anger by Oasis, which was always the last song played on a uni night out.


The Sunday was more relaxed and Ro and I went to watch some rugby in the morning and we ended up watching the England 7s team playing a match. Not a bad way to start a Sunday morning.


It was a great weekend, lots of fun, lots of laughs and lots of rugby watched. I’d love to go again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment