Sunday 26 July 2015

Reconnecting #23: Shorthand, cake and style

Yesterday I met up with my university shorthand teacher Jo Goodall. I went to Staffordshire University from 2005-08 and the last time I saw Jo was at graduation. Ever since I’ve emailed Jo a couple of times a year, keeping her up to date with my life and others who were on the course that I’ve kept in touch with.


                                                      Us in 2008 at my graduation.

I thought it would be fitting to meet up this year as it marks 10 years since I started uni, which makes me feel very old!

We went to Hotel Le Tour in Birmingham for an afternoon tea as I thought that would be a great way to catch up. Firstly the afternoon tea was like a 3 course meal in itself, and secondly Jo and I arrived at 2 and left at 5! My friend Humaira who I mentioned earlier in the year on the blog joined us for the first hour, so it was great for Jo to catch up with another student as well. There was lots of laughing, cakes and chatting which is a great combination, and it felt like it was like no time had passed at all.



After the afternoon tea we did a bit of shopping. Anyone in my shorthand class would remember Jo for her stylish fashion sense, and she didn’t disappoint when we looked in a few clothes shops.


It was a great afternoon and I’m proud that me and Jo have maintained contact over the past 7 years. It’s a unique friendship and long may it continue. We’ve both said we won’t leave it another 7 years for our next meet up!


                                   Us today, we've barely changed, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment