Sunday 26 October 2014

Learn a phrase in a different language #1: It’s all Greek to me

As I've said previously in this blog I did journalism at uni. So it only seems fitting that one of my course mates would teach me the first phrase in a different language.


I’d like to introduce to you my friend Hayley; she’s the one on the left in the picture. At uni we gave each other the nickname of ‘journo rock’, as we’d send each other our articles for proof reading, and to see if we were making sense or rambling rubbish. She also got engaged recently to Jonathan, so this phrase seems fitting.

So the phrase is 'I love you' in Greek, which  is Σ 'αγαπώ and Hayley learnt it from a lovely lady when she was in Greece. You need to think sack of poo when you say it. And for a bonus part of the phrase if you want to say I love you very much, it’s sag a po poli.

Phrase one done and dusted, and with my auntie being from Chile and work colleagues from Singapore, Bulgaria, Brazil and Greece, there’s going to be a lot of variety!


No comments:

Post a Comment