Thursday 30 October 2014

New film #3: Teaching life lessons


Tuesdays with Morrie is a great memoir given to me by my best friend Alice. We both loved the book, and it made us a bit emotional as well. Months ago I stumbled across the film listed on my tivo, and we both thought that the film was worth a watch. So tonight we finally watched it.

The book and film is about Mitch Albom who reconnects with his college professor Morrie Schwartz, in the last few months of his life. They hadn’t seen each other in a long time, but it was if no time had passed in their relationship. The film explores both their lives and Morrie teaches Mitch life lessons that can’t be taught in a class room.


It was a great adaptation of the book, and had me weeping around the 1 hour mark. Alice on the other hand needed a box of tissues for half the film! It makes you realise how important your teachers past and present are. I graduated in 2008, and ever since once or twice a year I email my shorthand teacher to tell her all that’s been happening to me and my course mates. This film reminded me it’s time to contact her again. Have you kept in contact with any of your old teachers?

No comments:

Post a Comment