Thursday 23 October 2014

Try new foods #4 and #5: The flying cheek of it


I’m a big fan of Australian MasterChef, forget the British one, the Australian one has bigger challenges and better food! Recently they had a challenge that involved cooking pigeon, and when booking a work dinner I saw pigeon was on the menu, so of course I had to try it. The picture isn't great, but it tasted pretty good. The meat was firm but not too chewy, and was perfect size for a starter.
For my main course I had Ox cheek, and my phone was playing up so no picture of it I'm afraid. It tasted great; the meat was very soft and flaky. With the gravy that went with it being quite rich, this meant I got full quite quickly. Next time I won’t be having two meat courses, but will definitely have both meats again.
I ate at The Tickell Arms, which is a great pub restaurant in Whittlesford near Cambridge. Let me know if you've tried any unusual meats, and what ones I should try next.

No comments:

Post a Comment