Sunday 12 October 2014

Meet new people #1: Train friends


When I first started thinking about how this blog would shape, I already had a rough plan in my mind of an order of what I would write about. Then life happens. So on my way back from a night of comedy, on what could have been a very awkward train journey, when my good friend Laura’s (also known as twinee) boyfriend Dan recognises me and we end up chatting for the whole journey. It’s always good to meet up with people you haven’t met before, that you’ve heard so much about.

Speaking of train journeys at uni when travelling at the start and end of semesters, I always tried to speak to a stranger on a train. With long train journeys it made me think I had achieved something other than getting from A to B. Not everyone wanted to talk, but as you’re only in the same train for a few hours, and would probably never seem them again, what have you got to lose? Who knows maybe with this challenge I’ll start doing that on journeys again. Does anyone else talk to strangers on the train?

No comments:

Post a Comment