Sunday 19 October 2014

Reconnecting #2: Quorn


When it came to food at uni, I had it sussed in the first year, as I was on the catered package which meant having 2 meals a day at the student canteen, and I worked there for 2 semesters so I got extra free food as well.  Meaning I barely had to cook.

In 2nd year however I was cautious when it came to cooking. I could cook, but my mum was always somewhere in the house to check if I cooked meat through. Obviously my mum wasn’t at uni with me, so to save the risk of getting food poisoning I had Quorn throughout my 2nd year! Strangely I haven’t had any since until my friend Jen cooked a Quorn family roast yesterday.


Quorn still tastes the same, but my cooking skills have advanced so I have more meat options for meals. Did you have any unusual cooking habits at uni? 

No comments:

Post a Comment