Monday 13 October 2014

New places and activities #2: Concert screening

The day after Chessboxing I did something that couldn't be more opposite. But before I tell you what it is, you need to remember that everyone has that band or singer that they shouldn't like for credibility reasons, but do anyway. This band is one that my flatmate Charlotte and I would dance to in the kitchen while cooking. And we think they’re decent guys too. So the guilty pleasure band of our flat is….One Direction. Charlotte even got me a birthday card with their lovely faces on it, complete with badge.


One Direction’s Where We Are concert was on at our beloved Broadway Cinema, and yes apart from the parents of the 12 year old girls that went, Charlotte and I were probably the oldest ones there! I know people that have been to see musicals and plays at the cinema before, but would a concert work? I think in this case it did, purely because if I went to an actual 1D concert I’d lose my hearing. I left the cinema with both ears working. And one good thing about the group, they’re normal and they openly announced halfway through the concert that they needed a toilet break. There was a Q&A before the concert started, and we learnt that Liam thought he had only one working kidney until recently. I really hope that comes up in a pub quiz.


You’ll be pleased to know that I only knew a handful of songs that they sang, so I'm still showing my age a bit. One Direction isn't everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s good to be like a teenager again for an afternoon. And as Ted, a guy I met on a train years ago once said; ‘Everyone has to grow old, but you don’t have to grow up.’ Wise words Ted, wise words!


No comments:

Post a Comment