Wednesday 29 October 2014

New film #2: The random journey to the end of the world


For my 2nd new film to watch, I watched with my friend Kayleigh; Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. We usually watch Rom-Coms, so it was a change of style for us.

The film starred Steve Carrell and Keira Knightley and was about the world ending in 21 days due to an asteroid called Matilda hitting earth. Rash decisions are made at the start of the film, when Carrell’s wife leaves him and many quit their jobs, and Knightley misses the last flight home to see her family.

What followed is a calmer journey to the end of the world, albeit with random characters along the way. The film was quirky, and in some ways confusing as to what the film was aiming to do, but I guess if the world was really going to end then you thought trail would be quite random! Keira Knightley and Steve Carrell, although you wouldn't think it work well as a pairing. And there were great cameos from Connie Britton and Martin Sheen as well. We are learnt that there are quite a few British named places in America, who knew there's a Somerset over the pond?! It certainly got me thinking which friends I would like with me if the world was going to end. Who would you like by your side?

No comments:

Post a Comment