Friday 28 November 2014

New places and activities #10: Jamaican Ice

Cool Runnings is one of my favourite films. I know most if not all of the words, and could quite easily do a one woman show of the film. When I was sorting through my parents loft a few months ago, I even found some artwork I did at school about the film.


So when I heard about there being a screening of the film on an ice rink, I had to go. I went with my friend Twinee aka Laura and my flatmate Charlotte, and here’s a picture of us trying some bob-sleighing in a bath!

It was great to see the film on the big screen as I was too young to see it at the cinema. Because it was a special screening (organised by Design my Night) I was expecting a bit more as when booking there was talk of getting dreadlocks. Although maybe that’s a blessing in disguise it didn’t happen as I’m off to Rome today and I’m not sure I would have got through passport control.


The best part of seeing the film at a screening was at the end when the team are carrying the bobsleigh and the crowd start clapping, and we all did too. It’s around that time that I usually start welling up and shed a tear, but think with the cold temperature my tear ducts froze!  


No comments:

Post a Comment