Saturday 15 November 2014

New places and activities #5: Spinning around


For the past 3 or 4 years I have been going to Polenastics classes, which is basically gymnastics on a pole. It’s great fun and originally I went with my sister Lucy to try something new and to keep fit. When Lucy moved to London, I kept going to the classes, and made some great friends along the way who I call my pole sisters.

One of my pole sisters, Linsey (who I made the Malteaser macaroons for) I've been doing pole classes with for just over 2 years. She’s put up with her fair share of me accidentally kicking her in the face. And it’s a great sense of achievement mastering a move you've been trying to do for ages. For some reason I like the upside down moves, while Linsey is great at the graceful spins and layout moves (holding on the pole with your thighs.)

We decided a while ago that we wanted to do a pole photo shoot, because it would be fun and also would show us what we can do, and also think of what other moves we’d like to accomplish in the future. The photo shoot was last Sunday and we were both pretty nervous, but once we got there and started to warm up, we had nothing to worry about. It was at Polenastics Pole Fitness in Milton Keynes, and AJ was our photographer. I was expecting lots of people there, which would have been intimidating. But instead it was just AJ, and our two pole instructors Sam and Lauren from our classes to help us with the poses.



We were both really pleased with the photos and it’s great to do something out of your comfort zone as you gain a new level of confidence. Linsey says the next pole thing I should do is a competition. We’ll see about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment