Monday 3 November 2014

New places and activities #3 and new food #6: Eating horror


I don’t usually do anything for Halloween but this year I went all out and celebrated twice, the second time was mainly to celebrate my birthday (which happened to be 3 weeks ago.) On Friday me and Twinee went to an Edible Horror Farm. It took place at Standalone Farm in Letchworth, where during the day they had kid friendly Halloween things to do.

So what is an Edible Horror Farm? Well we were given a tour of the farm in groups of 15. Our tour guide was an American ‘crime scene investigator’ who encouraged us to take pictures of all the crimes. The crimes were fairy tale ones, so we saw the three little pigs….dead, and the wolf from little red riding hood….dead. There were also various limbs hanging from trees covered in blood en-route, to add to the horror. I also got picked on to be the ‘team leader,’ so every now and then the detective made sure I was taking in everything. He also took down my name and date of birth, and later on in the tour I got called upon and I looked over to a field to see a scary clown and a grave with my name on it. I've saw my own grave!


After the tour finished, we got to eat lots of horror treats. There was a little house with a creepy lady, with lots of cake eye balls to try. A haunted tree had baskets hanging off it, filled with macaroons. And then there were 2 other barns, which had random things to try. These included rabbit poo which was really chocolate ganache and human ears which were chocolate brownies and these tasted great.
Two highlights of the food I tried was a ‘dead body’ made out of fruit cake, which also made me jump (the human alive parts, not the cake.) And also for new food number 5 I tried…..a locus! It was okay, tasted crunchy and a little nutty in flavour.


What did you do for Halloween, anything weird and wacky like an edible horror farm?  Also thanks Twinee for the great photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment