Saturday 8 November 2014

Reconnecting #3: The Fridge Magnet


I did this part of the challenge a few weeks ago, and was umming and ahhing as to when and if I should put this on the blog. I've moved on, so thought it was the right time. A challenge isn't supposed to be easy; if it was easy then it wouldn't be a challenge. In September I got dumped out of the blue, and I took it hard. Even though we only were seeing each other for 4 months, it still wasn't simple to move on. Sometimes people that are in your life for the shortest time can still make the biggest impact.

The reason he gave for finishing things was that the spark had gone, but this didn't match the actions of him. Although the reasons don't make sense, I still think he’s a great guy, and I've got no bad feeling towards him, so I thought it would be nice to be friends.

He went away for a 3 week road trip and during this time instead of moping around and missing him; I got my backside into gear and started screen writing (see my post about Team Talk). So as some time has passed I decided to write to my ex, not to grovel, but to say thank you for getting me writing again. The offer of being friends was also mentioned.

I haven’t had a reply, and to be honest I didn't expect one, as I text him about a month ago asking how he was, and heard nothing back. But it’s like that scene in Love Actually, the one where Andrew Lincoln has shown the ‘to me you are perfect’ cards to Kiera Knightley. And upon leaving he says; ‘Enough, enough now.’

And why is this posting called The Fridge Magnet, it’s what he got me as a present from his road trip. I knew it would come in use at some point.


So enough, enough now.

No comments:

Post a Comment