Saturday 8 November 2014

New Recipes #2: Pumpkin Pie



Last week I had a Halloween fancy dress party; including me, 30 people came along all in fancy dress. It was the best party ever and with Halloween, there were bound to be a few pumpkins. Well only one friend dressed up as a pumpkin, but a couple were brought along. There was enough to make pumpkin soup, which I had made before, and pumpkin pie which I had never made before.

I had seen pumpkin pie being made at lower school when I was around 6 or 7. I had a friend at the time called Elizabeth who is American and her dad came into school and showed us how to make pumpkin pie, and explain about Thanksgiving as well which was pretty cool. Elizabeth then moved to Iceland and is now in the states, but we were pen pals for a little while. I had quite a few pen pals and kept the letters in a folder, and found these. It’s always fun to read back letters you received when you were a kid, and what was important then. We’re Facebook friends, so hi Elizabeth if you’re reading this!



Now back to the pie, how did it go? Well in true bake off style, there were some plumbing issues and there was a little leak to begin with. But pastry cooked and the filling set and it didn'/t taste too bad. Also at the party I got to know my neighbours and discovered they like to cook. I jokingly said if they need a tasting panel for their cakes, let us know. Well 2 days later I come back from work to find some hot banana bread on the door step. So pumpkin pie will be on their doorstep tomorrow. Have you tried making pumpkin pie, how did it turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment