Wednesday 26 November 2014

New books #1: The secret of happiness

Below is a picture of my friend Kirsty and I. We've been friends since sixth form and she’s always the first person I turn to for advice, and she likes being entertained by what’s happening in my life. 


For my birthday she got me a book called Happy- Secrets to Happiness from the Cultures of the World. It’s written by Lonely Planet the travel advice company and throughout the book there are rituals and traditions from around the world, and how you can adapt them to everyday life.

There were some traditions I wouldn't like to try; like the tradition of land diving called N’gol, from the Pentecost Island, Vanuatu. It involves stripping a tree, building a platform and then jumping off only using vines to support you instead of bungee ropes. Considering I have a fear of diving, I’ll give that one a miss. . One thing I do want to try is Hasya yoga which is Indian for laughter therapy, it sounds great fun.


What I learnt most from the book is making the most of now, appreciating what you have and spending time with your friends and family And with Christmas round the corner, it was the perfect time to read the book.  


No comments:

Post a Comment