Wednesday 19 November 2014

New places and activities #9: Taking a dip

I can’t remember the last time I had my haircut, and considering it grows quite fast I have been looking like a scraggy dog lately. I also decided it was time for a change, nothing too drastic but I wanted to dye it a different colour. And thanks to a wowcher deal it wasn't going to cost the earth.

Now here’s the thing with hair, I'm not an expert on it. So when I showed my hairdresser Roberto what colour I wanted my hair thanks to a Cheryl Cole picture (or whatever her name is), he said it wasn't a complete hair dye that I needed, but rather a dip dye. Which I was happy to have, as my hair hasn't been dip dyed either. I've had highlights done before; but that was a mascara wand home kit at uni which was applied by my house mate Emma, who I trusted not to make me look like a chav. For some reason I decided to try this for the first time on the day of our summer ball. I have no idea why, but am grateful my hair didn't react badly and turn green, would have been an interesting look.

Back to the hair of today, after sitting under what felt like a spaceship which was warming the foils on my hair, Roberto went to cutting. Now I'm usually the most organised person when it comes to getting a haircut, I always have a picture ready, but I couldn't find any I liked. But thanks to some hairdresser intuition Roberto showed me a style that might work, and it did! He then went creative with blow drying and started curling my hair also. My hair was very Charlie’s Angels by the end. I loved the end results, almost couldn't believe it was my own hair.


I went to Amadeus Hair in Holborn and after I was all ready to spend some of my Oasis voucher, but trying to find what to pick for that all important first purchase is proving tricky!

No comments:

Post a Comment