Monday 16 February 2015

New book #4: Sporting Inspiration

I’m a big fan of autobiographies, in particular ones about actors or sportsmen or women. Usually I read books about people I’ve heard of, but the latest book I read is about someone I’ve never heard of. It’s about Nikki Emerson who after being involved in a near fatal car crash and breaking her spine in 2008 took up Paralympic sport.


The book explored all aspects of her life since the crash, how she adapted to life in a wheelchair, carried on her studies and trained for races. It was really interesting hearing about how Nikki was seen when commuting to work in London, how some commuters either completely ignored her, or was really helpful. One commuter would chat to her every day and they ended up forming a book club together on the train!


I haven’t read a book about sport in a while, but it’s got me wanting to read more of them. So a few more sporting books will definitely pop up in the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment