Sunday 15 February 2015

New Recipe #9 and #10: A cooking challenge

Last Sunday my guy was going to have a week away on business, and he had a lot of food he was going to chuck out. So he said that I could have it, here’s what I got.


This gave me an idea for a challenge, to see how much of it I could use before it went off. I think I’ve used quite a lot of it so far.

The first thing I made was a new recipe from my favourite recipe book of the moment Jamie Oliver’s Save with Jamie book. I made a grated rainbow salad and feta fritters.


Friends and family of mine would laugh at this, because I hate salad. I eat plenty of fruit and veg, but I just don’t do salad. But I thought it had couscous, so with a bit of carbohydrate it might be okay. And it was fine, however the best bit was the feta fritters, they tasted amazing. As my flatmate pointed out, so your favourite part of the salad was the fritters, and not the actual salad. Very true!

I then made some more Stilton burgers one evening, and some pasta with Peperonata which is a tomato sauce with peppers. I also made steak with Stilton crumb and some of the baby corn and mange tout that I had. I’m not a big fan of steak, my family don’t really eat it and it was only last summer that it appeared on my radar. But I cooked the steak medium and it tasted great. As my old housemate from uni Lizi reminded me; she remembered that in 2nd year I would just eat quorn as I was worried I’d give myself food poisoning. How far I’ve come!!



No comments:

Post a Comment