Thursday 12 February 2015

New food #16 and #17: Strong tastes and unusual combinations

I’m not mad on cheese. I like it but not a big fan like some people. I love melted Camembert in a box and your bog standard cheddar and Brie and cranberry. But with my dad and one of my sisters not liking cheese, growing up there wasn’t lots of adventurous cheese in the house.

On Saturday I tried Stilton for the first time. My new guy loves cheese couldn’t believe I hadn’t tried it before. So I tried it and it was okay. I can eat it in small portions, but it tastes even better when melted. We made pork and Stilton burgers and having the Stilton oozing out of them tasted great.


Also on Saturday I tried a caramel chocolate with an unusual filling….balsamic oil. My friend Jen got me these as a thank you for feeding her pets while she was away. I was wondering how they would taste, but they tasted amazing, and I still can’t put my finger onto the reason why. I guess I’ll have to try some more, it will be such a chore!

No comments:

Post a Comment