Friday 3 April 2015

Meet New People #11: Baking Royalty

Last night my pole sisters Harriette and Teri and I went to see a talk and book signing of Mary Berry. For those who don’t know who she is (yes there are some) she is one of the judges on the Great British Bake Off. But she’s been writing recipe books for decades before that.

Even when she walked to her seat in a dark blue sparkly dress you felt like she was royalty and I really wanted her to do a royal wave. Why she isn’t a dame is beyond me.

The talk was really interesting, finding out about her career, what makes her tick and of course throughout all this she gave baking tips. There was then a time for questions and there was a variety of ages in the audience. One question that stood out for me was; Mary your my favourite berry, but what is yours?

Our Mary Berry recipe book had already been signed by her before the talk, but if we wanted it personalised we could wait after the talk…..which we obviously did!


Unfortunately I couldn’t get a picture with her, but she said she nearly spelt my name wrong, and then looked up at me and because I was wearing just a dress she asked if I was warm enough! Even baking royalty cares for her people.


It was a great night and Teri, Harriette and I were very happy with our signed books. Harriette got her mum’s Mary Berry book she’s been cooking with for years signed, so that’s going to be extra special in her kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment