Monday 10 August 2015

Learn a phrase in a different language #5-8: Travelling Friends

As I said in my previous post my old housemates Emma and Lizi went travelling together. Since then Lizi has gone on to live and teach in Hong Kong and will be doing the same in Spain in a few weeks. And Emma has taught in Kenya. They are well travelled talented teachers!


Emma taught me Oi-Choi-Oi (spellings are phonetic) and that is Vietnamese for oh my goodness. Lizi taught me 2 phrases in Chinese; Ligo-Sam-Sau which means roll your sleeves up and moham which is don’t cry.

Also during the weekend I got a random text from my friend Tom and he taught me Korb Koon Kaab which is Thai for thank you very much.


Kind of ironic that I spent the weekend in Wales and learnt no welsh, but did learn some Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai! 

No comments:

Post a Comment