Monday 24 August 2015

New Book #21: From one challenge to another

A couple of months ago it was Hitchin Festival and there was a variety of events happening throughout. One of them was a talk about cycling round the coast of Britain by a local woman called Anna Hughes. I like hearing about motivating and inspiring things as you know, and as it was only a fiver I thought why not.

So off I went to hear about how she made it round the UK by bicycle, not only that but on her own. It was a great talk and I asked a few questions at the end; how many miles she cycled everyday? 60-70 was her answer. And what made her carry on when times got tough? The answer was every time she hit a tough spot, she said to herself she would never to do it again.

She wrote a book about her challenge and it was a great read. Anna had a great way of writing that made you feel that you were cycling along with her. She also inspired me to keep going with the 29 challenge. I've still got an awful lot to do, and times I feel I'm not going to complete it, but then reading inspiring books makes me realise that I can (even if my challenge is small and trivial in comparison.)



So I highly recommend Eat, Sleep, Cycle, it’s very inspiring and who knows you may want to cycle the same route afterwards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment