Thursday 13 August 2015

New Album: #28-29: Random till the end

Just like the large majority of the albums I've listened to for the challenge, the last 2 were recommendations. The first came from my friend Jen who recommended me the Incubus album Morning View, as it was the one that got her into rock music (I think, sorry if I got that wrong Jen!) 

The album wasn't as rocky as I thought it would be and usually with albums the first few songs are the stand out tracks, however I felt the last three; Are you In?, Under My Umbrella and Aqueous Transmission were the best for me.


The last album I listened to was recommended to me by my friend Tom and it was an artist called Parov Stelar who is Austrian. His music style is electro swing, a genre of music I hadn't heard before but absolutely loved after hearing the album. The album was a mega mix and it had 20 of his songs in full, so a great introduction! The whole album gave you that summertime feeling as if you were on a long weekend in a European city, so considering the bad weather we've been having it transported me to a warmer place, well in my mind anyway.


So that’s the end of the music part of my challenge. I’ll be doing a blog post in the next few days to look back at what a listened, it was a quite a variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment