Sunday 2 August 2015

New Experience #25 and Reconnecting #24 and #25: A good old girlie night out

Last night my friend Laura (the one who I did a Neighbours day for) had a local hen do/birthday celebration which was a lot of fun.


When I arrived at Pitcher and Piano where the night first started, she wasn't there and was running late. I did vaguely recognise someone at the bar and it was her friend Helen who I had met years ago when working as a Wedding and Events Coordinator. So straight away I had someone to chat to, and it was great to catch up after all these years.

One of Laura’s friends bought some fake tattoos for everyone and not being a rebellious kid, I never had one growing up. So last night I had my first fake tattoo, a very mature Moomins one!


We then went to a local club called The Ivory, which I hadn't been to in years. The last time I was there, they started playing Justin Bieber and left straight away. When we arrived yesterday we were the only ones there for a good couple of hours, but as the main aim was to get cocktails it meant the group got served quicker than usual.


It’s also where my second bit of reconnecting took place, as the DJ there was a guy called Luc who was the DJ at the venue I was the Wedding and Events Coordinator at. We worked together for 8 months and I’d only seen him once since leaving the job. It was great to catch up and find out all that was happening in the wedding world. Although I was chatting for so long, the girls thought I was chatting up the DJ, but then had to explain that I used to work with him. Knowing him also proved usual later in the night as when the girls wanted a request for Laura I went straight to Luc and within a couple of songs her request was on. It’s not what you know but who you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment