Sunday 23 August 2015

Reconnecting #27: Journo Rock

Last week I caught up with my friend Hayley who I know from uni. I mentioned her right at the start of this blog as she gave me a phrase for the new phrase part of the challenge.

Hayley and I call each other Journo Rock as during uni we’d always turn to each other when we needed our articles to be checked, and today we still do the same when we each have ideas we want to check aren’t crazy.

We keep in frequent contact, but we haven’t actually seen each other face to face in two years as she lives in Crewe and I’m in Hitchin. Last week was her birthday and she went to the Harry Potter studios which isn’t too far away from me. Hayley didn’t realise this as in her words she has no concept of this country in terms of geography which is very funny. She did think that Hertfordshire sounded familiar.



So we met up in Nandos and along with her fiancĂ© Jonathan had a great evening catching up. Luckily she’s coming to my birthday party in October, so it won’t be another two years before I see Rock again.

No comments:

Post a Comment