Friday 28 August 2015

New Recipe #17: Masterchef Nemesis

Aussie Masterchef is my favourite show and one of the main food challenges for the contestants is chocolate fondant. So I thought I’d give it a go.

I got a great recipe from the Guardian site and read it through several times to make sure I didn't go wrong at any stage.


Going into the oven it all looked right, and even looked fine when it came out. However when tipping it out was more troublesome as it started to trickle out and I realised it hadn't set properly. I was gutted, even though my friend Alice said they were still good. Mine turned out a little better as the shape was nearly there, and it had the melted chocolate centre which was the most important factor.
I think if they were in the oven for a couple minutes more they would've set. They tasted great, not too rich and you wouldn't need ice cream as a side as it’s quite filling.



I will attempt them again as the recipe is very straight forward, and the next time, they’ll set!

No comments:

Post a Comment