Wednesday 26 August 2015

New Book #22: Another Classic

My good friend Rachel loves reading and has all the classics. She leant me Animal Farm and The Great Gatsby and now it was time for another classic: Catcher in the Rye.


The book took me a couple of attempts to read as I’m afraid I lost interest. The main character Holden didn’t keep me entertained. Catcher in the Rye reminded me a lot of The Great Gatsby because it took a long time for me to get into it. With Gatsby it only got good in the last 2 chapters and for Catcher in the Rye it was in the last 3. Actually it was from when Rachel said the chapter when he talks to his old is good, did it start to get better. The teacher actually said a lot of thought provoking things which lingered after reading.

I’m glad I read it to see what all the fuss was about. Rachel made the good point that if I read it when I was a teenager I would’ve enjoyed it better and possibly changed my outlook on life. So maybe I was just the wrong age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment