Sunday 20 September 2015

New book #23-25: Recommendations

Over the challenge my friends and family have given me many recommendations and the last few books I’ve read have been recommendations.

Love, Nina was recommended by Charlotte and it was a girl called Nina who was a nanny in London during the 80s. The book is letters she used to send her sister during this time about her adventures working. It’s a popular book and upon finishing it, it was announced that they were making it into a TV series. I liked the format of the book and found some of it amusing but I didn’t find it laugh out loud funny like others had.


I also read Miranda Hart’s book Is It Just Me? which was recommended by Charlotte and my sister Lisa. This book was funnier and I liked how Miranda talked directly to the reader all of the time and then went off and talked about random things from time to time.


Lisa also lent me Looking for Alaska which is by John Green who wrote Fault in Our Stars. I’d read that book and seen the film and liked both, however Looking for Alaska I just couldn't get into. I couldn’t connect with the characters and I think it also might have been a case of me being too old to read the book as I think the target audience is probably teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment