Friday 25 September 2015

New book #26: A day’s commute

For a few years I did the Hitchin to London commute and to be honest I didn’t really mind it. What I did mind was the very high cost, but I think it’s because of my dad’s great interest in trains I quite like train journeys on the whole. It’s a great place to people watch and catch up on reading from my permanent seat of the luggage rack.

I used to have a habit of talking to strangers on trains on long distance journeys, but not short ones and the book One Moment, One Morning explores an everyday commute. One day on a normal commute a man collapses but as a result it changes the lives of 3 people.



The book was a straight forward read and I like how it got into the action straight away rather than build up with lots of description. The characters were well formed and the whole situation was really believable. And to top it off one of the characters was from Hitchin, I kid you not!

No comments:

Post a Comment