Tuesday 15 September 2015

New Phrase #20-21: It’s all relative

My Auntie Benita is great with languages. She’s from Chile and came over to the UK when she married my Uncle Chris when I was around 3. She is not only fluent in Spanish and English but she has also learnt welsh since living in Lampeter in Wales. It wouldn’t surprise me if she knows more languages!


I remember I went to stay with my Auntie Benita and Uncle Chris when I was around 8 for a week when they lived in Coventry. We went to a festival and I remember Auntie Benita taught me the Taiwanese for Velcro was chick chicci!


She taught me two phrases in welsh and spanish, so for the challenge I’ve picked one of the phrases in each language. The spanish for very good is ‘Muy bien’ and the welsh for I like learning new things is; ‘Dw I’n hoffi dysgu pethau newydd’

Considering I’ve been to Wales twice this summer it was about time I learnt some welsh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment