Thursday 26 March 2015

Reconnecting #12: At the pub

Last weekend I watched the England vs France six nations match at The Victoria Pub in Hitchin. It used to be my local as I lived pretty much opposite, but now it’s an almighty 10 minute walk.


                                                                   Me at The Victoria

At half time during the match I was on the way to the toilet when somebody called my name. I turn round and it was a girl called Christi who I went to school with. She was watching the rugby from the other side of the pub and thought she recognised me.

We hadn’t seen each other since upper school which is over 10 years ago, but we had a good catch up on where we are both at in our lives. She’s married with 2 children and living in Stotfold where I grew up.

It was only a 5-10 minute catch up but it was a good way to spend half time of what was a very dramatic match.


No comments:

Post a Comment