Wednesday 20 May 2015

New Album #14: Turning to Broadway

My other sister Lucy is a big musical fan, and in particular Broadway musicals. When we went to New York a few years back, the trip was timed so she could attend the Broadway Flea Market, where she could buy lots of memorabilia.



                                                  Us on Broadway a few years ago

Lucy recommended I’d listen to the Hedwig and the Angry Inch soundtrack. Now it’s a first to listen to a soundtrack to something I haven’t seen before. And with most musical songs they are very narrative based. I read a quick synopsis about the show and sort of got the meaning of the songs. The vocals are really strong and Neil Patrick Harris doesn’t falter. I believe the show was in the West End a few years ago, so I’ve missed my chance to see it, but if ever came back I’d like to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment