Saturday 2 May 2015

New Comedians #10-12: Did you hear the one where my teacher became a comedian?

Last night my flatmate Charlotte and I went to the Comedy Club at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage. There were 3 comedians; the first was a Canadian guy called Peter White who was completely bemused by Stevenage and thought the audience as a whole were pretty quiet. Me and Charlotte laughed at him quite a bit!

John Scott a Scottish comedian followed and he was funnier. He was similar to Frankie Boyle’s style of comedy and as we’d seen him a few weeks ago at the Albert Hall it wasn't that shocking to us.


The final act was a guy called Geoff Norcott. He was the main reason for going as he was my media teacher in 6th form in 2003-04. Back then he would spend about 15 minutes teaching media and then the rest of the class trying out jokes. His jokes weren't great then, but last night he was really funny. I was really impressed and one of the funniest comedians I've seen on the challenge so far. Although there were moments were it was a little bit awkward….do people really want to hear about their old teacher’s sex life?! He’s definitely a better comedian then teacher.


                          What Mr Norcott wrote in my yearbook in Sixth Form 11 years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment