Thursday 28 May 2015

New Album #15: Monkeying Around

Album number 15 is another recommendation from my friend Linsey and her attempt to brainwash her friends in a good way with all things Alex Turner (her future husband.) He has already featured in the challenge with the Age of the Understatement album. So I listened to the Arctic Monkeys Album AM and I have to say it was pretty good.


My favourite songs are Do You Wanna Know? which days after hearing it, is still in my head. The other song is I Wanna Be Yours and as soon as the lyrics started I recognised it. I text Linsey asking why did the lyrics sound familiar and she said it was from a poem that Alex Turner studied out school.

For some reason I kept my poem anthology from school and found the poem the lyrics are from. Its called I Wanna Be Yours and is by John Cooper Clarke.




As you can tell from my notes I said back in 2001 that it was meant to be performed and was written like a pop song. Great minds think alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment