Thursday 21 May 2015

Reconnecting #18 and Meet New People #14: Cricket Traditions and a Bowling Cameo

Today my dad and I went to Lords Cricket Ground to see the first day of the England vs New Zealand test. The day started with a bit of reconnecting. We go to the cricket once a year and for the past few years we start the cricket day with getting a Boots Meal Deal from Baker Street station Boots. And every year we get served by the same guy, and today was no different. We got talking to him and even got a picture with him. His name is Islam and no doubt in a year’s time we’ll be served by him again!


Cricket wise it was a great day, England ended up scoring 354 runs after starting off 30-4 which was a great achievement. They announced that in the tea break Steven Finn would be signing autographs. Steven Finn is an England bowler who used to play test cricket but now plays ODI cricket. So I went up to him at the stand he was at, got an autograph and then got a picture with him. He’s the 4th cricketer I’ve met and for some reason I always get nervous around cricketers, so I barely said anything.



And you may think I look particularly small in the picture, but Steven Finn is 6’7!

No comments:

Post a Comment