Sunday 31 May 2015

New Album #16-18: Rocking, jazzy pitch

I’m whizzing through the albums for the moment, and have listened to another three. The first and second were recommendations from Linsey my music guru of the moment. Are You Experienced is a pretty epic album by Jimi Hendrix. There were a few songs that I recognised, Foxy Lady being one of them. The album was great and Jimi Hendrix really is one of the masters of guitar.


Amy Winehouse’s Back to Black album was the next album I listened to and I recognised quite a few of the songs from when they were first released. The ones that hadn't been released as singles were okay, but not very memorable.


The final album came courtesy of my friend Ro who I caught up with over the weekend in a trip to Northampton for a friend’s birthday. She had the Pitch Perfect 2 soundtrack so we listened to that on the way there….and on the way back. By the end of the trip my flatmate never wanted to hear it again after the trip as we had it on repeat. I got the first film’s soundtrack which was great, and this one had more songs and more mash ups which I like the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment