Sunday 10 May 2015

New Book #13: Great Shot Don’t Get Cocky

Years ago I was a big fan of Question of Sport, but now A League of Their Own has taken its place for favourite sports quiz show. I used to watch Question of Sport every week with my dad and even when I was at uni we’d Skype each other so we could watch the show together. My house mates eventually got used to my dad’s voice shouting out of my laptop random sportsman names.

During our prime viewing years one of the captains on the show and still is, is Matt Dawson and I decided to read his autobiography due to my interest in rugby earlier this year.


The book was a really good read and Dawson didn't candy coat what went on. He went through the highs and lows of his career and his view on the 2003 rugby world cup final. What I felt was refreshing with the book was that Dawson admitted when he was cocky and arrogant and when he put a foot wrong.

Having read a Paralympic, cricketer and footballer autobiography for the challenge, I think it’s time to retire the sports books. Although I could quite easily read more sporting books…but then it wouldn't be a challenge would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment