Tuesday 20 October 2015

New Comedians #26: Helpful humour

A couple of my friends suffer from anxiety and I’m always at a loss as to how I can help. The other week one of them had her wedding reception taking place, and her anxiety was kicking in the day before. So what I did was try to find jokes for her to read whenever she felt low throughout the night. I asked another friend which comedian I should search for jokes from and he said Tim Vine.


I then watched Tim Vine’s stand up and he is king of the one liners, they’re all on the money.
I wrote his best jokes on separate bits of paper and put them in an envelope so they could be picked at random. Even though my friend didn’t take them with her to her wedding reception, she did take them for a trip to London a few days later. So it was good to know that comedy acted as part of a toolkit for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment