Friday 2 October 2015

New food #29-32: What the gatherers brought

As part of the food gathering that took place on Sunday I asked friends to bring either a phrase or a new food to try. I ended up trying 4 new things and the first was Dal Puri which my friend Penny made. Dal Puri is an Indian flatbread made with lentils and they tasted great. It was really nice that she went to all that effort to create a food for me to try from scratch.


My friend Coops also did the same and made Pigeon Pie which was another great gesture of helping me complete my challenge. It also showed off Coops’ cooking skills and the pie had just the right amount of sauce, so it wasn’t too watery. He also bought an alpaca burger for me to try and I tried it a few days later. It tasted nice and was a rich meat. My Grandad had warned me off trying unusual meats as the last time I had an unusual meat which I think was goat, it did not sit well.

To finish off the day my friend Claire brought round Physalis to try which is a berry that tastes a bit like gooseberries. They’re more for decoration on desserts and are bright orange.
So a great variety of foods to finish off the food part of the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment