Friday 9 October 2015

Reconnecting #29: Save the best till last

Everyone has that neighbour that they grew up with. For me this was Hannah who lived across the street with and I was friends with till she moved away around the age of 4 I think.


We stayed penpals for a little while and briefly saw each other when we were 10 but then we lost touch.  After adding each other on facebook I think we did try to meet up while I was at uni but it never happened. And then I thought with this challenge, why not get in touch with Hannah. She’s now living in London so the geography wise it couldn't be more perfect, and what’s the worst that could happen? She would say no.

Well she didn’t and yesterday evening we met up, we hadn’t seen each other in around 20 years, and we got on like a house on fire. There were no awkward silences and it was as if we’d be friends all this time. There were also quite a few similarities between us as well, we both went to sports with our dads and we both had in essence free coats. Gone are the days of bowl haircuts and playing with dolls!


As Hitchin is enroute on the way back to Hannah’s parents’ house, Hannah and I are hoping to catch up a bit more regularly then every 20 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment