Wednesday 7 October 2015

New Recipes #27-28 and New Activity #30: Thai and Mexican cuisine

For my food gathering I was going to cook Thai fish parcels, but with some late drop outs I decided to cook these at a later date and at the end of last week I did. Now I’m a real stickler to the recipes, even when it comes to something as simple as pancakes, so it may come as a shock to my friends that I didn’t follow the recipe.

The recipe said to use coconut cream and red curry paste. I didn’t have either, so I used Greek yoghurt, double cream and tikka paste instead. It was an easy way to cook fish, just wrap it up in baking parchment and foil and put in the oven. I thought that with the flavours being wrapped up, when I opened it up once it had been cooked the flavours would be really strong. However I was underwhelmed by it. It tasted okay, but didn’t really look that great.




The second recipe I made was recommended by my friend Rachel and I made it for her while we were at the fitness weekend. It was Mexican scrambled eggs and I think the last time I cooked or at least got taught to cook scrambled eggs was when I was 5 at school. The recipe was pretty easy to make, fry some tortilla wraps which have been cut into strips. Fry chopped chilli and a spring onion, then add that and 4 beaten eggs together and tada! I was expecting it to be really spicy but it wasn’t too bad and was very filling. I’ll definitely make it again as it was so easy to do.


Even though I've finished the new experiences part of the challenge I also went to my first pilates class over the weekend. As I thought the class consists of lots of stretches, but challenging ones. It was towards the end of the weekend so was a good way to wind down.

No comments:

Post a Comment